Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The law of diminishing returns ......

Last year I put a lot of time into my woodland puddles, and was quite pleased with at least some of the results. The redpolls this year were a step forward, and I just added another species when this GS woodpecker came for a bath.

However overall it's been a case of more of the same. The song thrush posed more attractively ....

but generally the added value has been harder to come by. With the dry spell I had to decide whether to start carting water up again, and I've decided to leave it. For now anyway.
A few more shots, including a few with higher magnification. I really wanted a closer shot of the goldcrest, but the best I managed had some bracken in the background as a distraction. The blue tit was cute though.












No comments: