Saturday, January 05, 2019

Naples 2018

A consistently favourite part of our annual trip to Florida is being on the beach as the sun comes up, fishing rod and camera in hand.  Fish a bit, snap through the golden hour then fish again.

This year Kay came down with me on the first day and we went to have a look at the osprey nest.in one of the beachside trees.  Last year thy were in the process of rebuilding the nest after the hurricane, and on processing the pics I was taken aback at how much taller it was now - as you can see from the changed height of the main tree limb below - the osprey,s feet in 2018 are higher than it's head was in 2017.

2017
 2018
 2017
 2018

I still haven't got the picture I want of the black skimmers, but I feel I am gradually creeping nearer the shot I have visualised.  If only I could control the wind direction!

Rather than a long blog of multiple photos from the trip I have put them together into a short (45 seconds) video - I have been playing with the quick video tool in Msoft photo.  If they look soft it's Blogger or YouTube!







No comments: