Thursday, July 19, 2007

Newport Wetlands

Time to catch up! Partly due to the weather, but also this being the quiet time for birds I haven't posted for a while, but I have still been taking some shots. A trip to Uskmouth revealed that the visitor centre is coming along by leaps and bounds. I think it will look quite good, especially if they do replant the hedge along the ditch that was ripped out.

Fortunately the hedge on the other side of the path was left alone, and the whitethroats have again fledged successfully.


At last I found a different orchid, this time a common spotted, albeit one that was going over.

Whilst grovelling around on my hands and knees a couple of weeks ago I found this caterpillar, which I think is a 6 spot burnet moth - adult picture below, taken last week on severnside.

No comments: